With school out for the summer months, there’s a lot more time to spend with your grandkids. Make their next visit memorable with a tasty activity they’ll never forget: making homemade ice cream!
Courtesy of Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking blog, this easy, no-machine-required recipe uses just three ingredients to make delicious vanilla ice cream.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¾ cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream toppings (optional)
- Chill the heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk in the fridge
- Using a whisk by hand or an automatic mixer, whip the chilled cream quickly until soft peaks form
- Once the peaks form, pour the chilled condensed milk into the whipped cream
- Whip again until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form
- Stir in vanilla extract by hand to add vanilla flavor if desired
- Freeze in an airtight container for six hours before eating
Gather your favorite ice cream toppings like sprinkles, hot fudge, whipped cream and cherries to make an ice cream sundae bar for your grandkids to create their own towering treats! This is guaranteed to dial up the fun and create a memorable afternoon for you and your family.
We know how important it is to enjoy summer afternoons with your grandkids in the comfort of your own home. This recipe wouldn’t taste quite as sweet if you couldn’t enjoy it with them in your kitchen.
Our program is designed to ensure you always have the care you need — in your own home — when you need it. Our on-staff care coordinators will ensure you never have to worry about scheduling any services you may need, and our membership options make it a great way to afford long-term care at a fraction of the price of traditional options.
If you have any questions about Friendship at Home, we’d love to chat (especially over ice cream!). Give us a call at (614) 734-2167 to learn more.